Friday, August 12, 2011

Around the Web: Lovin' Lovecraft

I've loved author H. P. (Howard Philip) Lovecraft since I was a kid, plucking a book of collected horror from my parents' shelves to read under the covers with a flashlight. Horror in general fired my imagination, and Lovecraft's gothic prose fed the furnace. I wanted to attend Miskatonic University, travel to the Antarctic to unearth a city of the Ancient Ones, experiment alongside Dr. Herbert West, perhaps call Cthulhu from the pages of the Necronomicon.


If you're a fellow Lovecraftian, here's a few things around the web that you might enjoy.


"Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown" - Watch this 2008 documentary for free at Snag Films.


The H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival and CthulhuCon - Billed as "The Only Festival that Understands".


Cthulhu Chick's Website - Download the Complete Works of Lovecraft eBook Free. FREE, what are you waiting for??


Cthulhu Saves the World - 8-bit style RPG by Zeboyd Games on Steam for only $2.99. That's cheaper than most coffee at Starbucks.


Fuzzy Cthulhu Slippers - Really. I'm not kidding.


Have fun, and meet you in R'lyeh for the End of the World party!

No comments:

Post a Comment